Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mission 4-10-2010

I havent written in a day or so. We have had off so I took the time to just ponder ideas of photographs and relax. It has been quite nice actually! We were given pictures the other nice of an IED (improvised exposive device) attack on a US convoy. The images were horrifying. They have to show us these things though so we know what is out there and our minds do not start thinking we are safe. As much good stuff as I can put in words about this place I want everyone to understand there is still a lot of conflict and still people dieing day in and out. I am just very blessed, my entire unit (knock on wood) for the simple fact we have yet to have anything extreme occur to us. To be honest as much as some of the soldiers here would like to engage in action I think they are happy deep down with the idea of not needing to fire a single round into this country. I know that is how I feel. We rolled out today like any other day to teach the Iraqis how to fix stuff on their vehicles but they didnt have anything they needed help with so we just ended up dropping in to say hello and check on them. Everything was good and the day was really short. So once again I have very few photos to share with you all. I am really sorry for the lack of variety of photos. I am trying to think of what stuff I can capture to captivate everyone who views this. If anyone has ideas of things they would like to see let me know! I am open for suggestions. I am so thankful for everyones positive words and encouragements because it is a very lonely place out here day in and out in your room alone. It is so great to know so many people are really captivated by what this place has. Judging from the media I would have thought people forgot about us here. Afghanistan and Haiti seem to overshadow Iraq, but we are still here and still thinking about you great people back stateside every single day! I know I can speak for every soldier when I say there is no greater place in the world than back in the country with such supportive people that love and care about us so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment