Sunday, April 4, 2010

The morning starts off early. Shaking the sleep out of my eyes I get up and start getting ready for the mission. Once dressed and I make sure I am not forgetting anything I head towards my vehicles. We do what we do and prepare for the days mission. The AC is out on my vehicle so I know that it is going to be an irritating ride. I remind myself I will not be here forever to keep my head cool. Sitting in the back of the vehicle close my eyes and listen to music as sweat drips down my face. Wondering what people are doing back home and if they are thinking of us. Head knods down and I dose off only to be awoken by the noise of the doors dropping on the vehicle.
I climb down the sun beams down as if I am living in a dream. Stretch out and make sure my weapon is on safe. It is time to go around the market and meet and greet with the people. Atmosphere is alive and vehicles are moving about as we walk down the street waving hello to the fellow Iraqi people. Old men sit about on chairs chatting and saying greetings to us. I continuely ask them if I can photograph them and they agree and shake my hand with a smile. We keep walking around the sun beaming down hard with all the gear it is making me sweat bad. I stare into the sky and watch birds fly around, take a deep breath and look at my fellow comrads and keep moving along. Capturing the life of the people in Iraq and their positive attitudes towards us being there.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful story, and beautiful pictures as well. So touching and positive, all your photos are amazing. So real, pictures really are worth 1,000 words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such powerful words and images

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies im glad i can reach out to some people! Even just one is success enough for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris these pictures are awesome again! I am glad to see you have your copyright on here now too: christopher allan photography Awesome job son!

    ReplyDelete