Thursday, April 8, 2010

No Mission 4-8-2010

We had no mission today so I only got a few neat pictures. I thought I would just blab on here for a little while instead. Everyone has been telling me how much they enjoy the pictures and how there is so much feeling. I think it is so great that people are showing such an interest. I just wish though I could capture the true feeling here. I wish you all could see what we see and feel what these people make you feel every day. We can look in magazines and websites every day of our lives, but until you actually go out and you are standing on the garbage filled sidewalk, the smell of burning tires and fuel singe your nose hairs and dirt thickens on your hands and neck and you are staring directly into the eyes of these sad people who have been through SO much in life, you will never truly understand. Even staring face to face you cannot know really what a beating their souls have taken. But the amazing thing is the strength they have to wake up every morning and keep pushing through. Life still manages to continue and the Sun shines every day on this place just like anywhere else. Shaking their hands, giving them goods and listening to their problems is just the first step we can take into helping these people. Only time and patience can give these people what they deserve I believe so strongly. It may not be for another 200 years, but it can start here, today with us. Then maybe one day Websters Dictionary can create the words to describe these emotions.

2 comments:

  1. Chris, I know your Aunt Kim Baker here in Minnesota. We went to high school together. She has shared your blog with many of us on facebook and I will tell you, your words and pictures really are touching. Keep up the good work, be safe and we are very proud of you here at home. I look forward to what you are able to share. John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You I really appreciate that! I will keep posting as long as I am here! and I am hoping to continue my talents when i get back. everything is going smoothly over here on the flip side hahaa :) love you all

    ReplyDelete