Wednesday, April 7, 2010

part 4 4-7-2010

Today feeling a bit groggy. The weather was not what one would want to be in. Off and on rain, as we walk through the city. We have a reporter with us this time. It is kind of cool I guess but I mean the big camera he was shooting out towards people seemed to be scaring them away. I would try to get a photograph and he would be right there as well taking the same shot. He is just doing his job though so I dont mind him. A group of kids seemed to be fond of us as well. Following us around so you might see them throughout several pictures. They tried to get into every shot I took. On top of wanting to be in pictures they wanted all my pens once again, so I had to continuely say NO! Like vultures waiting for the oppertune moment to snatch the pen out of my pockets. As We sit at a shop on the corner drinking tea, while the reporter gets a story we sit back and observe this place. A man walks up to us and says Hello Soldiers! I am from Boston! We all were astonished and stared at him... he was visiting his mother here where he was born. He has lived now in the US 20 years. He sat around and chatted for a minute thanked us for our service then went on his way. It was weird. Like having someone from home magically appear and let us know we are on the right path! We are walking back and I see a woman walking towards me on the sidewalk timid so I step down off the sidewalk and let her go by ... she stops turns around her face has tattoos of tear drops and other tribal signs and she says Thank You in clear english. I was shocked but I softly replied to her back Youre Welcome! She smiled and kept walking down the street. Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment