Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Today I was able to sleep in finally! When I finally woke up around eight-thirty or so I was actually more tired than when I wake up earlier. I got dressed and went to classes we had planned for the day on a machine gun. After doing that class which only took about an hour or two, I headed back to my room changed into a t-shirt and shorts grabbed the camera and headed out. I started my pictures with the (Smoking Area) sign right outside of the barracks. I had a feeling the colors would come out cool. Then I made my way past all of the other barracks buildings, put in my headphones and started listening to music. I turned on my camera and started exploring in and out of all the damaged old Iraqi buildings that are no longer in use. Some stuff burnt down, windows smashed out, water filling in holes, wires hanging all over and the smell of emptyness and sand. You can tell no one has utilized these rooms for a long time because of all the dust/sand build ups all over the place. Everything I touched or bumped into poofed dust into the air and all over me. The plants were growing wildly out of control and walking through them in shorts was a bit shady. My legs were taking same damage from thorns and what-not but it was all good. The weather had not gotten too extreme yet. I was just rocking out to music enjoying the vacant empty feelings I was capturing in these pictures.


Later on I was outside smoking when a couple of my battle buddies rushed out wanting pictures. I had no problem taking pictures for them. For facebooks and whatever else they needed them for so the pictures I am going to be adding later of night time of the soldiers that is why I have those. Keeping it real in Iraq.

No comments:

Post a Comment